Sunday, September 19, 2010

OOW - Day 1

Dan Morgan (http://www.morganslibrary.com), Ben Prusinski, and I signed in to OOW early this morning at Moscone South. After the relatively painless sign-in, we wandered around and bumped into a dozen people I know from previous years or from my Oracle classes.

Officially OOW events, mainly those presented by, or sponsored by User Groups and partners, started at noon today. I managed to take in a few very interesting sessions already, including some from fellow ACE Directors Peter Koletzke and Cary Millsap.

I will always lean toward presentations by Oracle ACE Directors because I always learn something. Highly recommended.

Currently sitting in the session that discusses realities of migrating from OC4J to WebLogic Server, presented by Liran Zelkha of Scalebase. This is typical of the partner sessions - high quality and very informative. Since a lot of people will be migrating very soon (OC4J is nearing official end of life, and waaaaay past realistic end of life), a lot more people will be needing this information as well.

Next session is the OOW official opening keynote and the Party! I'll be at the Mason Street tent.

No comments: