Friday, March 16, 2012

Collaborate, Opera, shilling Books, Open World

In case you had not heard, Collaborate 2012 is happening this year in Las Vegas on April 22-26,  I'll be there Sunday thru Tuesday morning - on Monday I chat about LDAP for the DBA and present on Oracle Maps in OBIEE.

Silly schedule conflict - Saturday April 21, and Tuesday and Thursday the Edmonton Opera presents Beethoven's Fidelio.  I get to shave my hair!  Which means I'll be sporting a completely different look for the presentations at Collaborate.

As you know, I firmly believe in reading all about Oracle, from as many sources I can get close to my eyeballs. In preparation for Collaborate, Packt Publishing - for whom I have done a fair bit of technical reviewing - has announced they are discounting all Oracle titles, whether printed or eBook. Quoting their announcement
To lend a helping hand to those in attendance or professionals who are simply excited about the buzz that the glamorous Las Vegas event will bring, Packt’s discounts apply to all of their Oracle titles and formats.
If you are interested, check out their web site http://www.packtpub.com and click on the 'coupon' at the top.  (I get nothing other than the enjoyment of more people understanding Oracle.)

The call for papers for Oracle OpenWorld is now open.  Give it a try and see if you can get a slot!

No comments: