A few days ago I had a power outage and that caused me some problems, so I got another UPS and added the OpenFiler system to the UPS. Unfortunately, even though I cleanly shut the filer down, it still caused the same problems as before.
This blog is more of a record for me, when I need to redo this exercise.
OpenFiler 2.99 x86_64 NAS Appliance
- obtained from http://openfiler.com/community/download
- built on a home-brew system with 1 500GB base drive & 4x1.5TB Seagate SATA drives
After reboot, iSCSI disks were not presented.
Detailed symptoms & steps, as root:
1) The 4 SATA drives were visible, and the partitions were listed in /dev
(/dev/sdb1 -> /dev/sde1). However, pvdisplay could not see the partitions.
ran fdisk for all disks and rewrote the partition table, and reran pvdisplay
# fdisk /dev/sdb
Command (m for help): w
2) The Logical volumes were there but 'Status not available'
ran the vgchange command.
# vgchange -a y
3) The iSCSI partitions still not being presented, apparently because the LUNs were stuck.
Command Line, as root
went to /opt/openfiler/iscsi/targets
made a backup of iscsi_settings.xml
removed all the
OpenFiler admin web site (https://myhost:446/)
Services > Services Section : Manage Services > iSCSI Target ... stopped and started
Volumes > Volumes Section : iSCSI Targets > LUN Mapping ... remapped all LUNs
After remapping, all were visible again.